Monday, November 12, 2012

Time Out Alternative - 800 White Lie


Nate wanted to go see if the neighbor boy was home. "I see Ocklan."

"No, we can't go see Lochlan. I have to make dinner."

"I see Ocklan."

"No, Nate." I tried to reason with him, but he wasn't having it. He started to pout and cry and carry on  with a big long face like stretched taffy complete with crocodile tears. I did not feel like giving him a time out. Instead, I dialed 800-white-lie and asked the silence if Lochlan could come out to play. 

The silence told me, "He would love to, but he has gone to the moon."

"Oh, okay." I said and hung up. "Sorry Nate. Lochlan isn't home. He has gone to the moon for the evening."

"Oh, Ocklan no home?"

"No. Sorry."

"Oh. Ok. Melk?"

"Milk?"

"Yes, melk."

"What do you say?"

"Peese."

"Ok." I said and gave him a sippy cup of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment