Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Define the word guess for a two year old

While getting Nate ready for bed, I told him, "Guess who is coming over."  His Aunt is on her way with Barb.  They went shopping after work at her companies warehouse sale.

"Guess?" He asked.

"Yes, guess."

"Guess" he asked again.

At that moment I realized I have no idea how to explain the word "guess" to a two year old. "Hmm. I'm not sure how to put it in terms you will understand." I said as we finished getting into P.J.'s, well Nate finished getting into P.J.'s.

Now that he's settled into his evening TV show with a sippy cup of milk, I looked up the formal definition and it's not much help.

   
Guess: Estimate or suppose (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct.

I'm still clueless about how to translate that word into terms he could understand.

Anyone got a suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment